MultiScale simulation software
Over the years, oilfields can expect an increase in problems related to mineral scaling due to increased water production and possible sea water breakthrough. As new reservoir developments become deeper and hotter, with related higher pressures and higher salinity, the problems associated with scaling also increase.
These problems present continuously higher costs for the operator, with potentially increased downtime, as well as personnel and material resources required to solve the problems in existing top side facilities and subsea platforms.
Prediction-based knowledge on what kind of scaling problem may occur, will aid in the design and development of equipment to facilitate clean up and prevention of scaling in the production system.
MultiScale is a water chemistry and mineral scale prediction program with PVT calculation included
- Scale potential from reservoir through to topside can be determined
- Complete PVT-model, can calculate bubble point and phase distribution
- Very accurate model for water equilibria and evaporation
- Working range up to 300 °C and 1000 Bar
- Special calculation tools for MEG- and H2S scavenger systems
- Very time efficient Process System Simulator
- Especially developed to meet the challenges related to the pH dependent carbonate scaling
The software is extensively used worldwide for scale simulations by major operating companies, research centers / Universities and chemical producers.